We are all unique individuals but at times all of us experience difficult life events, relationship problems, painful emotions, confusion, stuckness, or feelings such as loss, anxiety or anger. We may feel haunted by past events or find ourselves replaying old patterns of behaviour or repeating unhelpful patterns in relationships.
Sometimes we might be too embarrassed to seek help, or don’t wish to burden others. Sometimes feelings become overwhelming or we simply just don’t know what to do, or how to move forward. Perhaps we feel blocked, stuck, anxious, or confused. It’s at times like this when counselling can really help, whoever you are and whatever your specific concern.
Typically, we feel we should be able to deal with things on our own or simply ‘get over it’, and sadly even in 2020, it is common for people to believe that seeking help is a sign of weakness. This is an outdated, unhelpful, often harmful belief and is absolutely untrue. Sometimes we all need to talk openly and explore our situation in order to get a fresh perspective, work through feelings, gain understanding or support, or to move on. That’s just how human beings work!
Below is a list of concerns that often bring people to counselling, perhaps your concern is not listed, don’t worry the list is just to give you an idea. I have extensive experience in working with all of the following:
- Relationships (individuals or couples counselling)
- Anxiety, generalised anxiety, health anxiety etc.
- Stress, burn-out
- Issues from childhood or the past
- Feelings of panic, panic attacks
- Divorce, separation (individuals or couples counselling)
- Family matters
- IVF, fertility
- Bullying, assertiveness
- Grief, loss, bereavement
- Abuse (physical, psychological/emotional, sexual, financial)
- Difficult, painful, or overwhelming feelings
- Feeling low or stuck
- Low confidence or self esteem
- Specialist Sexuality & Pelvic Health for Women of 40+
- Decisions, life choices, personal or professional development, life coaching
- Sexual problems (Men or women)
- Fears, phobias, unwanted habits
- Issues or feelings arising from COVID19 or lockdown
Counselling may be short, medium or long term according to need.
Just email via the Contact page, call or text:
0794 700 5629